Speak Up For Safer Equipment was formed to support primary producers who have concerns about agricultural equipment. If you believe that the design of your equipment is dangerous or doesn’t meet safety standards, Speak Up For Safer Equipment will assess your concern and either address the manufacturer or brought up with the Canadian Standards Association Technical Committee on Agricultural Machinery.
What Concerns Do We Handle?
- Concerns related to the occupational safety and health of operators and or bystanders while agricultural equipment is utilized for the production of primary agricultural products.
What Concerns Do We Do Not Handle?
- Matters where legal proceedings have been initiated
- Labour relations issues
- Concerns from workers without the owner’s consent
- Issues related to financial transactions
- Issues related to consumer products intended for residential lawn and garden maintenance
- Issues related to off road recreational vehicles designed and primarily used for recreational purposes
How Do We Deal With Your Concern?
- Received concerns will be assessed to ensure that they are within the scope of CASA’s mandate
- You will receive confirmation of receipt of your concern
- Your concern will be forwarded to the appropriate manufacturer’s representative if the matter is considered unique to a particular manufacturer, OR
- Your concern (with personal identifiers and manufacturer identifiers removed) will be forwarded to the Canadian Standards Association Technical Committee on Agricultural Machinery if the matter is considered as a universal design issue.
- The Canadian Agricultural Safety Association (CASA) will contact you when update information is available.
- The manufacturer or representative of the manufacturer may contact you directly at their discretion.
Concerns can be submitted electronically by following the procedures below or by calling (877) 452-2272